So to commemorate the end of my first year on the blogosphere, I will celebrate in an entirely new way with something that no one else has ever done: Lists. I know, right? Genius!
A Misplaced Boy’s Top 10 Posts
1. The Secret History of the Inklings 3.0 – 71 views
This is a little bit of silliness that started on Facebook and then continued here. In the post I report that J.R.R. Tolkein, C.S. Lewis, andf the other members of ‘The Inklings’ were not only respected writers, but also a crime fighting rock and roll group.
It amazes me that it’s had so many hits and no comments, but I have a few theories as to why:
- It really sucks but nobody has the heart to tell me.
- I found out that there actually is a band called ‘The Inklings,’ and their poor fans have somehow been misdirected to this web site. The problem with that theory is that you would think that at least one of their fans would say, “You suck! This is all wrong…The drummer isn’t Charles Williams!”
- Everyone who reads it is so dumbstruck by the imagination and brilliance on display that they can only sit there in stunned silence.
- Yeah, it’s probably the first one.
2. Busted for Slapping Stranger’s Crying Child – 61 views
3. The 12 Good Songs of Christmas: #12 – 55 views
4. The 12 Bad Songs of Christmas: #9 – 53 views
This one mentions Oral Roberts and got some extra views when he died.
5. “Sometimes that’s why we get sick, because the Lord is spanking us for being naughty.” – 52 views
I wonder what naughty thing I did to get to spend New Years Day coughing up a lung. Probably posting stuff like this.
7. People of WalMart – Bad Hair Day Edition – 47 views
8. Profiles in Congressional Courage – 36 views
I’m glad this one got a lot of views, these slimy Senators deserve all the attention they get.
9. 25 Incredibly Interesting Things About Incredibly Interesting Me – 31 views
A list within a list, how meta.
10. The 12 Bad Songs of Christmas: #12 – 31 views
Hee hee! I like that my subversive picking of The First Noel is getting a lot of eyeballs.
Of All the Movies Reviewed on AMB, the Top 2
1. Funny People
Yeah, I didn’t get out as much as I intended to this past year.
1. AptOne – 53 comments
2. Brown-eyed girl – 9 comments
3. Susan Isaacs – 9 comments
4. MGB – 7 comments
You could be on this prestigious list for 2010, all you have to do is leave lots of comments!
≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈
Seriously though, it’s been a great first year. Thank you to everybody who reads my little blog. My fervent readers are the best!!!